top of page
Treat Your Bunions at Our Foot Clinic
A bunion, or hallux valgus, is commonly described as a bump on the joint of your big toe. The condition is caused by a pronated (flat) foot and an excessively flexible big toe joint. Your big toe absorbs a tremendous amount of pressure as your foot pushes away from the ground. Over time, the pressure forces your big toe to deviate or bend inward toward your baby toe.
- Custom orthotic to prevent further deviation
- Wearing proper footwear is essential. Speak with Foundation Chiropody for details
- Laser treatment to reduce inflammation and pain in the joints while strengthening the small muscles of your foot
- Used in conjunction with stretching
- Anti-inflammatory medications administered by injection or orally
- Surgery to align the big toe if pain or dysfunction persists
Call us for more information!
bottom of page